Also in Denver in 1926 and 1966
|Also in Denver in 1926 and 1966|
| Armando de Arruda Pereira, Sao Paulo, Brazil
ARMANDO AND TOM — When, at midnight on June 30, 1941 Rotary leadership fell upon new shoulders throughout the world, Rotary’s highest office, the international Presidency, passed between these Rotarians�from Armando de Arruda Pereira, of S�o Paulo, Brazil, to Attorney Tom J. Davis, of Butte, Montana. A year ago, in his inaugural address and guest editorial, President Pereira called for “More Clubs . . . More Friends!” Rotarians responded, despite world upheaval, with 137 new Clubs, 56 of them in his own hemisphere, and quickly came to regard this smiling engineer as their symbol of growing inter-American understanding. This photograph was taken during the International Assembly at Colorado Springs, Colorado, in the week preceding Rotary’s 1941 Convention at Denver.
Picture and caption were found on page 6 of the July 1941 issue of the Rotarian.
|Jean and Paul Harris presented at the Denver Convention||Rotary Sundial dedicated on 14,000 foot peak.Rotary memorial on top of Mt. Evans (a 14,000 foot peak) placed there by the Rotarians of District 113 (Now D5450) in l941 in honor of the Rotary International convention that was hosted by Denver Rotary in June of that year.|
|It was to be dedicated by the then RI President Armando de Arruda Pereira of Sao Paulo, Brazil in June of that year. Because of the weather it could not be dedicated until August. The succeeding RI President Tom J. Davis of Butte, Montana was able to return to Colorado for the dedication.||Courtesy of PDG Norris Hermsmeyer D5450 and PDG Eddie Blender D5470|
|The “Objects of Rotary”
on Mt. Evans