So, you have heard about the advantages of automated trading systems like the QProfit System, learn more when you click here, which can minimize losses and reduce manual errors and have decided to invest in it. But before you take the plunge understand the prerequisites of this system and learn how to tackle and troubleshoot any issues that can threaten your trading.
Hardware has often neglected the aspect of trading but in reality, it is the foremost prerequisite for the success of any automated trading system. The important parts of hardware can be broadly classified as:
- Power supply: It is important that you have an uninterrupted power supply at all times to continue trading smoothly. But sometimes natural disasters strike and they can lead to power outage either at your end or at the exchange leading to shut down of servers. Therefore, it is always advisable to have a backup power and alternate routing platforms.
- Computer health: Always ensure that all computers that are used for trading are working properly without any issues.
- Router health: Pay attention to your router’s firmware and ensure that it is up-to-date; keep separate hard drive exclusively for your trading and ensure that the internet connection is top notch and not given to loss of signal frequently. It is really crucial that you ensure there are no power outage or internet connectivity issues because they can make the difference between profit and loss.
Now turning to the software side; glitches can happen either at the trader’s end or at the exchange itself. Errors in the program of an automated trading system or a programming error at the exchange can prove disastrous for the trader. Glitches in your system can lead to unwarranted trading which can result in severe losses. Glitches are preventable if you follow the tips listed below:
- Make any changes to your software that are critical for your business in the lean period when business is dull.
- A backout plan must always be in place to overcome aby sticky situation so as to return to stable grounds and continue trading in a smooth fashion.
- Engage the services of experienced software testers. They will be expensive because they have the necessary resources to tackle a wide spectrum of software issues. Furthermore, they will save you the expenses and losses resulting from software outages.
- Regression tests can be automated to not only save time but also to retain the functionality of your system without any issues.
Thus, Your profits or loss are not dependent just on your strategies and trading skills but on the condition of the hardware and software also.